Unofficial CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds have hit the device, Samsung Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 (Sprint). CyanogenMod 9 contains some remarkable features like custom activity, custom applications, lock screen shortcuts, Bluetooth USB dongle support, USB GPS support, and many more features which makes CM9 crowd favorite of all the users around the world. Over a period of article, weâ€™ll be checking out a tutorial on how to keep your device, Samsung Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 updated with the latest unofficial build.
The tutorial given below is supported only for Samsung Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 (Sprint). If any damages take place to your device while following these steps, we wonâ€™t be responsible for the same. However, the steps given below are working and chances of any damage are very minimal and even though if any uncertainties take place, let us know via comments, we will try to solve your problem to the soonest. Still, there is no guarantee that the steps given below will work under your specific or unique circumstances.
- Make sure your Galaxy Nexus has unlocked bootloader and CWM (ClockWorkMod) recovery installed.
- Maintain a good battery before applying the update. 70% is at least required.
- Make sure you take backup of all your apps, logs, etc. and other internal data to your SD card with the help of backup applications.
Steps to install CyanogenMod 9 on Samsung Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 (Sprint):
- Initially, download the CyanogenMod 9 nightly from theÂ team-keyblade repository.Â Download the most up-to-dateÂ cm-ics-XXXXXXXX-SWORDKITCHEN-toroplus.zipÂ file (where XXXXXXXX is the date of the build).Â Make sure you download a file ending in â€œtoroplus.zipâ€.
- Next, you need to download the Google Apps packageÂ (gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip, md5sum: 7c524e1e078164f681e0aa6753180b2c).
- After downloading both the files i.e. CM9 ZIP file and Google Apps Package, transfer both the files to your phoneâ€™s SD card.
- Turn off your device and then enter your device into CWM recovery mode by pressing a combination of three buttons â€“ Volume Up + Volume Down + Power.
- In bootloader mode, select â€˜recoveryâ€™ option to boot into recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, wipe data by selecting â€˜wipe data/factory resetâ€™ and â€˜wipe cache partitionâ€™ on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose ZIP from SD card and the select the CM9 ZIP package you placed in your device earlier. Once installation is finished, go back to the main menu.
- And then follow the same step you just did to install the Google Apps ZIP Package in your device.
- Once itâ€™s done, go back to the main menu and select reboot system now.
So, youâ€™re done with applying the update on your device.